Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stargazer

New Symptoms

I need help trying to figure out some new symptoms that I am experiencing. My knee swells off and on, all of my joints are achey and I have dull pain in my shoulder, back, and hips. Whenever I sit for 20 minutes or more, I become very stiff and sore. Getting up becomes hard. My muscles in my arms are weak. After I get up and move around for a bit, the stiffness goes away, but the dull aches and soreness does not go away. Advil helps a little bit. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on? I was diagnosed with Celiac last year, and have been very careful with my diet. Thanks ahead of time for any ideas.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If you have been gluten-free for a time and are having different issues, I would guess they are from something else ... check out this thread and see if anything rings a bell. http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=36163

Some people also have a problem with nightshades and that causes joint pain .... but I don't know about actual swelling.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Check out fibromyalgia------- or lupus.

CeeCee

Allergic to: wheat, peanuts and Penicillin

1995 severe anaphylactic reaction to Wheat

Gluten free since Sept. 2006

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently"--- Henry Ford

Get rid of nightshades and try msm, glucosomine and choindotin(don't know how to spell). Nightshades can cause arthritic and fibromyalgia symptoms. No tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, or potatoes.