Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SofiEmiMom

Jackson Michigan

Hello. I am a coordinator for a support group for Celiac disease in the southeast Michigan area. I was contacted by a very concerned parent in the Jackson, MI area who is very much in need of some help finding area stores to purchase gluten-free food. Jackson is very far from where I live and I am unfamiliar with the area. If anyone can help, please e-mail me directly at kfanelli@mac.com

Thank you so much!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My parents are in that area. They have good luck finding gluten-free foods at Meijer (lots of the Glutino things). Better Health is in Frandor Plaza in Lansing (they carry Kinnikinnick and other good things).

Hi Kim,

I get many of my things from Meijer in Ann Arbor. Also Arbor farms has some Kinnickinnick products and other gluten free products. Hellers I think is the name of the market on Washtenaw is suppose to have many items as they have recently had a gluten free fair. I was not able to go as both of my kids had a stomach virus. Also Whole Foods on Washtenaw has LOTS of gluten free products. If there is not a nut issue as well they have many things that are baked in their own bakeries that are gluten free. Also Trader Joe's has a number of different gluten free items, they are across the street from Whole foods on Washtenaw. Kinnickinnick also has a website you can buy directly from them. Jackson is a little ways from Ann Arbor but if they aren't having luck out there it would be worth the drive. Hope this helps!

Melissa

Diagnosed Fibromyalgia March 2007

Mom to Katharine, 5 years old diagnosed Celiac Disease Sept 2006

Peanut allergy

Michael 3 years old diagnosed infant reflux at 6 weeks

Dairy Soy allergy until 22 months

Neg blood tests and biopsy Feb 2008

Positive gluten-free dietary response

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.

Margaret Thatcher

Fall down seven times stand up eight.

"I've decided that after air, water, and dirt, the next most common substance on the planet must be gluten!"

Toni Nolte, Overland Park, Kansas