Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gentleheart

It's Not What I Expected To Hear.

While I do have some definite gastro symptoms (but not D) mixed in with my main complaints, one problem I have had from the beginning is that my symptoms don't seem to follow any pattern. As much as people with uncomfortable, instantaneous D won't think so, it is honestly a bit of a help. At least you can reasonably monitor and troubleshoot when you have been glutened and also pretty much know when you have not. With me, I just feel continuously lousy most of the time for goofy reasons yet to be diagnosed. I might say that some foods seem to cause more bloating than others, but I can't honestly pinpoint anything. Add the fact that I pretty much didn't get any relief in 2 years, and I don't feel much closer to solving my problem than I did when I first started.

Except for a couple of minor tests which indicated it as well, I have based my gluten intolerance/celiac assumptions soley on my Enterolab tests. That is why I said that some people are basing their entire lifestyles on his research. I've been one of them. That's a whole lot of trust, especially if you don't observe any tangible results. Maybe that's why I'm starting to weaken a bit now.

I guess I choose to believe that the stool tests must have some validity. My results were all solidly positive, with significant malabsorption as well. I just don't know exactly what that means anymore. As much as some of us might be mad at medical doctors sometimes, as a group we have to admit that they do know some things and some are even quite brilliant. And most of them, even the experts, just don't endorse Enterolab's results. But I can certainly hang in there a little longer with my dietary restrictions until I figure out what's what.

I really appreciate all your counsel. And I plan to follow through, if I can possibly afford it and see if Lyme's might be it. It would be so refreshing to go to a medical doctor who would honestly try to find out what is wrong, without patronizing me, refusing to think outside the box or assuming I was whacko. :blink:

Just read your post, mftnchn.

One comment. For all my discomfort, I really don't have any joint pain whatsoever. Does that cast serious doubt on a Lyme's diagnosis? I've heard that it is a major symptom of the disease. Thanks.

Just read your post, mftnchn.

One comment. For all my discomfort, I really don't have any joint pain whatsoever. Does that cast serious doubt on a Lyme's diagnosis? I've heard that it is a major symptom of the disease. Thanks.

I didn't have any joint pain whatsoever until five years ago, so, no it's not always there. Even though I did have joint pain eventually, it never played a big role in my disease, other issues significantly outweighed the joint pain.