Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thepeach80

Onset Of Problems To Diagnosis?

I just started having lots of ongoing stomach problems that stop when I do not eat gluten (my 3yo is gluten free). I remember having bouts of stomach issues in the past, but they always went away. I have called my allergist about ordering a celiac panel for me, but since the symptoms just started, will that be enough time for the antibodies to be in my system? I'm assuming so as I feel I've probably been building them for a while, but it's kind of scary since Evan's tests were negative that mine will be as well. We're doing Enterolabs for him sometime in the next month and are anxious about that. I just feel at least trying for a diagnosis is a smart way to start, but I know not to rely on it for answers completely.

Jennifer, gluten free on and off since 2005, best I can remember sx started 2007, tTG of 4 1/13,

gallbladder out 2/13, scope 5/13 showing inconclusive damage to stomach and intestines,

tTG of 5 6/13, dx with non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity or maybe pre-Celiac, gluten free since 6/13,

appointment soon for second opinion

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm assuming that you have been eating gluten all of your life, so the antibodies should be there. If you have gone gluten-free for an extended period of time, the antibodies would have disappeared, or at least dropped significantly. I definitely think it's smart to have a celiac panel. Even if it comes out negative, you can still be tested through Enterolab. If your son is a celiac, there's a good chance you are too. After all, he got half of his genes from you. But either way, get yourself tested. Good luck,

-Brian

Celiac Sprue

Multiple Food Allergies

Diagnosed June 2006

Stopped Eating June 2007

IV Nutrition: 6/27/07 - Present