Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Katester

Celiac Pain

I was diagnosed about a month ago. Whenever I eat I get terrible stomach aches. It also happens when I don't seem to eat. I have lost weight and it kills me but I hate the stomach ache when I do eat. I still eat but it's very painful. I know it's supposed to get better with time but what do I do until then? It's affecting my social life and more importantly, my schooling. I have missed so much school because of the stomach aches. Being that it happens multiple times a day, I have been avoiding Tylenol, Advil, things like that. I don't want to take those every day. Does anyone know why this is happening? Has it affected anyone else? What do I do?!?!?!

symptoms-october 5th, 2007

negative endoscopy and colonoscopy-december 2007

positive bloodwork-january 2008

diagnosed celiac-january 8, 2008

"At the end of the day, the fact that we're still here is reason enough to celebrate."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My pains were muscle/nerve related, so I'm not sure how to advise you, but I'm certain others will have plenty of great tips.

One thing which will help, is if you post the types of foods you are eating. Often times, going gluten-free is not enough at first, and many here have found it necessary to eliminate dairy, and sometimes other things for awhile. Once you are felling better, you can try them one at a time, and see if your system is ready for them.

Welcome to the board!

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

You are probably very sensitive right now - I have been gluten-free for about a month and I'm having many more good days than bad days. I think there is an adjustment period - and I find I feel better when I eat real simple foods for the first month. Like plain brown rice, hard boiled eggs, lots of fruit and veggies just steamed or raw. Avoid dairy and coffee - I know it was the coffee for me which caused me a lot of pain so I switched to green tea or camomile.

It may take a few weeks before all that gluten is out of your system.

take care....

diagnosed January 2008 positive blood test

biopsy confirmed celiac February 2008

misdiagnosed with IBS for years!

bloating, constipation, migraines all disappeared with gluten-free diet