Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenn928

Newly Dx In Howell, Mi

I live in Howell, MI and i just got an out of the blue dx of celiac disease after many different tests for stomach issues and other, I was dx with a biopsy which I understand is the best way. I am really struggling with the emotional part of eating this way and am overwhelmed with knowing what I can and can't eat.

Was just wondering if there was anyone in my area that would be interested in talking more on the subject, could offer tips and recommendations on products etc in the area and gluten-free restaurants. Also does anyone know of a support group in this area.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Jennifer

Howell, MI

Jenn

Howell, MI

Newly Dx: Dec-07...still learning! :)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I live in Howell, MI and i just got an out of the blue dx of celiac disease after many different tests for stomach issues and other, I was dx with a biopsy which I understand is the best way. I am really struggling with the emotional part of eating this way and am overwhelmed with knowing what I can and can't eat.

Was just wondering if there was anyone in my area that would be interested in talking more on the subject, could offer tips and recommendations on products etc in the area and gluten-free restaurants. Also does anyone know of a support group in this area.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Jennifer

Howell, MI

Hi. I am in Lansing and Lansing does have a Celiac support group that meets tonight Feb 26 at 7 pm. It meets at a church in Lansing at the corner of Haag and Miller Rd. (I do not have Celiac but my 9 yr old daughter does.) Lots of good people with lots of help will be there.

Renae

Join eNewsletter

I live in Ferndale and was also recently diagnosed (Feb 11). My sister lives in Howell and she mentioned that the V.G.'s in Howell have good gluten-free selections and there's a place called vitamin planet on Latson & Grand River that has several gluten-free foods. She mentioned brown-rice tortillas that I can't wait to try! The owner/manager there can help, my sister talked to him and said he was great.

Also, I don't know if you have a Whole Foods or a Trader Joe's out by you but both of those stores have a wide variety of options...just be aware Whole Foods should really be called "Whole Paycheck"!

Good luck with everything! I'm happy to talk if you want, I've learned A LOT in the past month. :)

Join eNewsletter

HI, I'm in Lansing and am a part of the local Lansing Celiac Group. That might be too far for you?!?!

There is another celiac group too in Farmington Hills, is that closer?

can always e mail me too.

Nicole

Nicole

1995 Diagnosed finally with Endometriosis

1998 TMJ (Nicole)

1999 Hypothryroid (Nicole)

2005 Celiac (Nicole)

2005 summer- daughter on gluten-free diet (Nicole's daughter)

2007 (December) maternal mom diagnosed postiive with celiac disease and hypo

Join eNewsletter

Here is the link to the Farmington Hills Celiac group http://www.tccsg.com/index.htm

Nicole

Nicole

1998 TMJ (Nicole)

2005 Celiac (Nicole)

Join eNewsletter

Here you go, I found this on the CSA website.

Dr. Luba Nowek, Howell

517-552-9336, drluba@yahoo.com

Nicole

1998 TMJ (Nicole)

2005 Celiac (Nicole)

Join eNewsletter

Thanks all, glad to see there are some people in my area. Do most of you belong to a support group? I am wondering if that is the one thing that will help me. Lately I have been struggling, I intentionally ate gluten the other day, feeling depressed because I recently lost my job. Now I feel awful and feel like I took a big step backward. Since dec'07 I have gone through the denial, grieving and acceptance or at least I thought.

So I am wondering if joining a support group would be the missing link to help me stay the path if you know what I mean.

I heard there was a food fair in farmington hills, and thought that would be a good 1st event to attend. As anyone gone to that?

Thanks for all your help, I had forgotten I posted in here!

Jenn

Howell, MI

Newly Dx: Dec-07...still learning! :)

Join eNewsletter

I usually go. I think they charged less at the door last year.

Celiac specialties has the best donuts! This could be just what you need right now. Gluten free food that tastes good and a huge crowd of other gluten free people.

Wow it's this Saturday, April 12th 10:00 to 2:00.

Michigan

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter