Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mama2two

Five Year Old Telling On Self

my five yr old told on herself that she had gluten a couple days ago, she said her friend loaned her a piece of her cinamin roll. She was burping those powerful burps and my husband noticed she was having dark circles under her eyes and so he asked her and she was very honest about it, and I am glad that she is honest, but I just said now you know that you should not be eating that. Any advise on what to tell her without saying you know you could develop cancer or something if you keep eating gluten.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

She probably won't understand the concept of cancer. But telling her that she won't be able to grow big and strong could help, and explaining to her that her body thinks gluten, even a teeny bit, is poison, and she really just can't have it. If she continues to cheat you may need to supervise her more, maybe enlist teachers. And tell her that if she wants something her friends are eating, ask, and you two can come up with a sub. gluten-free cinnamon rolls probably aren't too hard to make.

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter