Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blahh

How Long To Notice A Change?

Hello all,

I'm a 19yo female and have been having terrible symptoms that have taken over my life for the last 7 months. It all started with an emotional move to college (I believe the trigger) where I started having anxiety and panic attacks, depression and digestion problems. Since then my symptoms have included:

- hypoglycemia

- carb cravings

- intense hunger

- constipation all the time :(

- constant nausea

- BLOATING :( :(

- weight gain

- extreme fatigue

- insomnia.......

I have been wheat free for 4 years and have a very good diet. I have had to move home from college and take some gap time to sort this all out. I have done countless tests and am now seeing a homeopathic doctor for the past 5 weeks and feel i'm on the right track. I have been off dairy, caffeine, alcohol, refined sugars and carbs for 5 weeks and have just started a gluten-free diet for the past week.

I know I must be patient as it will take some time to notice a difference and it has only been a week but I would really like to know how long it took for any of you to feel significantly better. I still have all of my symptoms after this week and it feels like anything i eat bothers me. I feel nauseous all the time and am getting so depressed because I feel horrible all the time :(

Any advice/words of wisdom/hope would be much appreciated.

THANK YOU!!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

hello and welcome,

I know exactly what you are talking about.

I do recommend to eliminate soy aswel if eat any soy.

to eliminate sugar totaly helped my son a lot.

you will see wonderful results after 3 months.

Drink a lot of water.

good luck Elisabet

Join eNewsletter

I'm on my second month of gluten free eating and I'm now starting to feel better.

I also had bad constipation, bloating, carb cravings, hunger, insomnia.

Try taking magnesium with calcium (gluten-free kind) to help you sleep.

For me I can't eat too much or my tummy can't handle it. If I eat moderate portions with 2-3 hours between, then I feel ok.

take care.

diagnosed January 2008 positive blood test

biopsy confirmed celiac February 2008

misdiagnosed with IBS for years!

bloating, constipation, migraines all disappeared with gluten-free diet

Join eNewsletter

Hello all,

I'm a 19yo female and have been having terrible symptoms that have taken over my life for the last 7 months. It all started with an emotional move to college (I believe the trigger) where I started having anxiety and panic attacks, depression and digestion problems. Since then my symptoms have included:

- hypoglycemia

- carb cravings

- intense hunger

- constipation all the time :(

- constant nausea

- BLOATING :( :(

- weight gain

- extreme fatigue

- insomnia.......

I have been wheat free for 4 years and have a very good diet. I have had to move home from college and take some gap time to sort this all out. I have done countless tests and am now seeing a homeopathic doctor for the past 5 weeks and feel i'm on the right track. I have been off dairy, caffeine, alcohol, refined sugars and carbs for 5 weeks and have just started a gluten-free diet for the past week.

I know I must be patient as it will take some time to notice a difference and it has only been a week but I would really like to know how long it took for any of you to feel significantly better. I still have all of my symptoms after this week and it feels like anything i eat bothers me. I feel nauseous all the time and am getting so depressed because I feel horrible all the time :(

Any advice/words of wisdom/hope would be much appreciated.

THANK YOU!!

Join eNewsletter

Hi-

Well, I have had a pretty fast sense of improvement, noticing a lot of change for the better within a week, but I didn't have nearly the extent of symptoms you've experienced. I really only had neurological and skin rash symptoms. It sounds like you have a lot more going on and a lot of it is internal. There's also an emotional stress component which is probably adding to your problems and so it makes sense that this might take a little longer for you. Hang in there, kid. It's really good that you are taking control of this and between working with a homeopath and your awareness of how important your diet is, it sounds like you are doing all the right things and are on the right track. Just be patient -- it took a while for you to become sick, so it is reasonable to expect it'll take a while for you to get better. Good luck!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter