Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mommytoE&E

Two Quick Questions...

Well, I've kept a symptoms journal on my 2.5 year old daughter for a little over a week. Not very long, but I'm certain that the past week is very typical of most weeks, so I'm moving forward.

Many of you suggested that I take her off both gluten and dairy. How long will she need to be dairy free before I can reintroduce dairy?

Also, my 2.5 yr old is an insomniac. Truly. We put her to bed at 8pm and she is up in her room until 12am or sometimes later before falling asleep. Then often times she will wake in the middle of the night. Of course she is way over tired and cranky during the day and will take 3 hour naps to try to catch up.

Is this a symptom of celiac?

Thank you for your help.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, I've kept a symptoms journal on my 2.5 year old daughter for a little over a week. Not very long, but I'm certain that the past week is very typical of most weeks, so I'm moving forward.

Many of you suggested that I take her off both gluten and dairy. How long will she need to be dairy free before I can reintroduce dairy?

Also, my 2.5 yr old is an insomniac. Truly. We put her to bed at 8pm and she is up in her room until 12am or sometimes later before falling asleep. Then often times she will wake in the middle of the night. Of course she is way over tired and cranky during the day and will take 3 hour naps to try to catch up.

Is this a symptom of celiac?

Thank you for your help.

I'm not sure about the dairy. Sorry I'm not help there.

As far as the insomnia issue, my DD's sleep improved greatly a few weeks after going gluten-free. She had trouble with night terrors though. I am sure the folks on this board will have some input, but you might try the "sleep" board as well. Hang in there!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter