Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ruthykins

Possible Celiac?

Hi I'm new today! :D

I've been reading the forum pages and I have soooooooo many symptoms. One of my colleagues is celiac and has advised me to try a gluten free diet, but everyone recommends staying on gluten till you are diagnosed.

My symptoms are constipation (at the moment) but still going to the toilet, only to pass very small stools and still feeling like I need to go. Bloating and wind. Roscea (which I have had for years). Lower back pain. Pains (on occasion) right up to my shoulders. Tiredness. Not able to get a full nights sleep. Tingling of my hands and now my lips. Constant hunger. Weight gain but not a massive amount. Huge looking stomach. Joint pains, some days even my teeth feel tired and aching?! I used to be able to go to the toilet about 5-6 times a day, but now its about 3-4 unless I have a bout of the runs!!! If I eat anything spicy (like chillies) I can feel the passing through my intestines and then the pain is unbeleiveable when they are passed out (ouch :( )

Any advice would be helpful!

Thanks

ruthykins :D

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Have you had any tests done? Seen a doctor at all? Do you want to be tested? Not much to go on here. It does sound like you do have symptoms that could be a gluten intolerance. If you want to know though, you shouldn't go gluten free before being tested. Once you are gluten free, the testing will come back negative.

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Join eNewsletter

Have you had any tests done? Seen a doctor at all? Do you want to be tested? Not much to go on here. It does sound like you do have symptoms that could be a gluten intolerance. If you want to know though, you shouldn't go gluten free before being tested. Once you are gluten free, the testing will come back negative.

Hi darlindeb

not had any tests done, but I'm thinking of buying one of those test kits so I can go armed with evidence (if any) to my GP. I,m not going to go gluten free before doing a test, but its suprising how less bloated etc i feel if I dont eat gluten for a couple of days. Thanks for the advice

ruthykins :)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter