Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alona

Skin Biopsy?

Ok, so I'm going to see my derm next Monday and I want to know what type of biopsy will they do...

Is it an exicision, punch or what? I don't like the sound of this, so I'm just curious how much skin I'm going to be out. I don't like sharp things :(

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Its a punch. Make sure he takes it BESIDE an active blister. Some dermatologists haven't got a clue how to do a biopsy for DH. Mine didn't, he took the biopsy right in the middle of the rash, and I didn't have an active blister. He declared that I definitely don't have DH, since the biopsy was inevitably negative due to his cluelessness (and maybe I don't have DH, but this test was meaningless). And he was incredibly arrogant on top of his ignorance!

If you don't have any active blisters, you need to wait until you do.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

How long does it take to get the results back usually?

It depends on where you live. Here in Canada everything that has to do with the medical system is slow. It took two weeks for me to get my results.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter