Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CJS

Need Physician In Boulder, Co

My GP is great & has a good vocabulary for Celiac but I'm not convinced he truly understand it. I've seen 2 GI's since last May & one completly ingnored Celiac conversations the other, who is known for dealing with it, won't work with me unless I'm on Gluten for 4 - 6 weeks for testing purposes. Yikes!!!

Candy

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have only seen a Family Practice doc, Anna Rooney, in Boulder about Celiac. I was going downhill for a long time, and finally went to see her when I was too ill to work. I hadn't even considered Celiac since my symptoms were not predominantly GI-related, but she did! She diagnosed me based on the blood tests and response to a gluten-free diet. I am extremely grateful to her for identifying the source of my misery so quickly.

While Celiac may not be her area of expertise, she clearly understands the myriad of seemingly unrelated symptoms that can be a part of Celiac, and the wisdom of testing for Celiac even with not-so-typical symptoms.

I hope that helps - sorry I don't know about the GIs in Boulder. You could try contacting the Boulder County Celiac group (http://www.bouldercountyceliacs.com) for more leads.

Good luck!

Join eNewsletter

My GP is great & has a good vocabulary for Celiac but I'm not convinced he truly understand it. I've seen 2 GI's since last May & one completly ingnored Celiac conversations the other, who is known for dealing with it, won't work with me unless I'm on Gluten for 4 - 6 weeks for testing purposes. Yikes!!!

Candy

Hi Candy,

I am a board certified nurse practitioner in Boulder, I specialize in celiac/gluten sensitivities, and I am gluten free as well! I would be happy to help you through this highly underdiagnosed disease. I'm at Helios Integrated Medicine on Darley Ave.

Be well,

Margaret Romero

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter