Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chasing4

Blood Tests

A little over 3 weeks ago, our doctor diagnosed dd as gluten sensitive because her blood test showed an elevation with inflammation, but her biopsy was negative. So she technically hasn't been diagnosed as celiac.

I want to feed everyone in my family the same foods, because I don't want to make different things. But, I'm worried that if I do, and any of the kids do have the same problem, how will we catch it? DD's twin sister is actually under the 3% percentile in weight, so I'm already suspecting something with her. The other 2 aren't really showing any signs.

Should I have my other kids get the celiac panel to find out if there is anything there before everyone goes gluten-free? Their ages will be almost 6, almost 4 and 2.

Patti, mom to twins Tessa and Skye (7), MacKenzie (5), and Aiden (4)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, I have twins too, they are a 7 year old boy and girl. They both have symptoms,though different from each other.

The medical recommendation is you do get them all the blood test. It may come back negative, but they could still be gluten sensitive too. sometimes people with no symptoms have positive blood tests. The main thing is even if at home they are all on the same diet, the ones who don't know for sure will probably eat gluten away from home.

My daughter's blood work was negative, but she is cranky, moody, depressed, has delayed growth, and mouth sores. Plus I am gluten intolerant. I ordered her the enterolab stool test. We are waiting on it.

gluten . . . Kiss my grits!

pork and beef free- 1994

wheat free or wheat light- 2003

gluten free- January 2008