Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gbuz67

Not Your Average Joes (chain)

Wanted to share this information.

I spoke (via email) with the chef contact at Not Your Average Joes restaurant.

I specifically asked about their dressings & vinegar. They do have an online gluten free menu which is awesome, however the only dressing listed in that menu was ranch (boo - I'm CF too).

He verified that the only dressing on their menu that is gluten free currently is their ranch dressing.

He also said that their balsamic vinegar (that's what you get if you order oil & vinegar) HAS gluten.

However, they are looking to expand their offerings in the future so keep checking the online gluten free menu!

-grace

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I eat there a lot! i love their cobb salad! i just get mine with lemon and oil on the side anyways!

they are very aware of celiac disease there, once when i went with a friend we both ordered a cobb salad from my gluten free menu, even though she is not a celiac she thought it would be nice if she ate what i ate to make me feel comfortable...shes so sweet! well anyways she said ill have mine with the balsamic vingarette, and then the manager came out a little while later and said "sorry but that has gluten in it, is there something else you would like"...my friend said its ok, that she can have that cause she doesnt have celiac disease...

thanks for being on your toes not your average joes...hehe :lol:

Dx & gluten-free since 12/09/05

Positive blood and endo test

Boston, MA

What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger