Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SUZ42

Joints Ache!

My hip has been hurting (almost constant sharp pain radiating to knee) for about a month. I have a bad back so it does hurt off and on for years. But today most of my joints ache/weak. Shoulders, elbows, wrists, ankles, neck. Especially my wrists. Now I'm wondering if the hip is related.

These aches are new. I made a huge mistake and was most likely glutened. But I had no immediate reaction.

It has been 3 and 4 days ago that I was out of town and ate at unfamiliar restaraunts. I am wondering if anyone else has the joint aches and weakness from eating gluten? Or is it unrelated and I have a "wonderful new problem" to think about?

Thanks!

Suzanne

2/07

EnteroLab

Antigliadin IgA [pos.]

Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA [pos.]

Anti-Casein IgA antibody [pos.] {how very sad}

HLA-DQ3 (subtype 8)

HLA-DQ3 (subtype 7)

Gluten free 3/18/07

Casein (very light) 3/18/07

constipation/dysmotility since birth

severe headaches 11/83

hypothyroidism 4/00

B-12 defficiency 10/04

"GERD" 1/06 "Gastritis" 3/06

"IBS" (forever) 3/06

depression w/ pain 4/06

iron defficiency anemia (off and on forever) 12/06

celiac disease 3/07

plus.....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes, I have the same problems too. When I get gluten by accident I have joint pains and tingling in my toes and extreme fatigue but not the same day. The whole thing starts the day after and lasts for about 3 or more days. It sounds like my problem, but of course I am not a doctor. If it goes on for a long time maybe you can check if there is an other problem. I am sure everything is ok, and you just had some gluten.

Kisses

Meline

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Candida overgrowth / started treatment November 2008