Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del

Anyone Around 60 Years Old Or Older?

Hi Bea....

I can easily imagine your sister using power tools now when before she couldn't even lift her babies, let alone a power tool!!

I'm constantly amazing my husband but what I can easily do.....he was used to having to do a lot of things for me....now he watches me do those very same things! Now basically the only time I know Fibro is still lurking in the background is when there's a storm in the area....then it let's me know it's here!!!!

Did you gain weight as you began to heal? I lost 47 pounds, very quickly, but now as I'm healing I'm starting to gain weight....kinda flustrating!!!! Oh well!!!!

Hope you're having a good day!!!

Del/aka Elaine

I lost weight years ago, and then gained some back with menopause especially since I was still having to eat frequent meals due to the "low blood sugar" -- which turned out to be because I needed the co-enzyme B vitamins!!

However after I got trace glutened 3 or 4 times this winter and was ill with a bacterial infection for 2 months, I lost a lot of weight again. Couldn't eat meat or fish at all and not much in the way of carbohydrates since my kidneys got re-inflamed--this after being able to always keep them under control for over 30 years with diet and herbs.

Am now much better, slowly regaining my energy though I am having to battle candida overgrowth quite a bit due to taking 2 courses of antibiotics. Actually this last week its been pretty amazing. Is this me? I ask. Still have trouble sleeping, however; or should I say, once again? Back to the subject--I gained a little of the weight back but certainly not all. I feel pretty good about where I am at weight wise. It helps not to have to eat every 3 hours too!

Maybe you need to look at what you are eating that could be causing the weight gain... More veggies and less carbs with adequate protein seems to be a winning combo for me.

Congratulations....you've done a wonderful thing for your friend!

Del