Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live2BWell

Gluten Free In Houston, Tx?

I am in a suburb of Houston, I have not yet been diagnosed but am just feeling the waters, so to speak, because I'm struggling with the concept that I may indeed have Celiac <_<

Any individuals or support groups in the Houston area?

*Jessica*

IgG + IgA + TtG -

Family History of Celiac

See 'about me' for more info

gluten-free Since: 11/02/08

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Jessica, there are a lot of celiacs in Houston. Here is the link to the celiac support group.

http://www.houstonceliacs.org/ We have a lot of great restaurant information. Please contact Janet & get the new member packet. Hope to see you at a meeting. We also have a dining out group.

Depending on where you live, you might want to also attend another group. i think there is one north of town & one South of town in the Alvin area...

just PM me if you need any specific info.

gfpaperdoll,

I live in Louisiana approximately 3 hours from Houston. I was wondering if there is a good dr. who specializes in celiac in Houston?

I do not personally know any, but our director might, you can email her with info from the link above.

Sometimes people from Louisiana attend our meetings. You can always just pay the new member fee & that will get you all the newsletters with the restaurant reviews, recipes, articles that type of thing. very worth the money in my opinion. She mails some newsletters, we get handouts at the meetings & she emails sometimes. So a lot of information will be available to you.

are you diagnosed yet?

Thanks, I'll be sure to check the page out :)

*Jessica*

IgG + IgA + TtG -

Family History of Celiac

See 'about me' for more info

gluten-free Since: 11/02/08

Hi from Kate I live in Beaumont, TX and have been dignosed for about 4 years. I have been doign great became completely Gluten free about 2 years ago. I also have Rhematoid Arthridus, Fibromyalgia, and Seizures. Due to gluten in medications I have an implant for the seizures which took the medications out of the picture. Recently I am getting new complaints (as the doctors call them) problems breathing and fatique. I have also gained 30+ pounds.

Hi Kate, are you eating grains?

What is your typical diet?

Did you give up dairy?

did you give up soy?

do you eat some of the superfoods often? Like berries, kale, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cabbage, carrots etc

Sorry, you are still having problems. Have you ever driven into Houston for one of our meetings?

wow, maybe you could car pool with the lady that lives in Louisiana...