Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roxie

Digestive Enzymes

I am trying to do anything and everything to make myself feel better these days. I can honestly say that trying to stay gluten free has been one of the most difficult challenges of my life ( and it has only been 5 months). Anyway, do digestive enzymes really help? And, does anyone have any suggestions of which ones are the best. I have been reading for hours on the internet, but still don't have any clear answers. Also, does anyone know anything about bromelain? I have heard that it can help with pain (which I have a lot of). Thanks!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am trying to do anything and everything to make myself feel better these days. I can honestly say that trying to stay gluten free has been one of the most difficult challenges of my life ( and it has only been 5 months). Anyway, do digestive enzymes really help? And, does anyone have any suggestions of which ones are the best. I have been reading for hours on the internet, but still don't have any clear answers. Also, does anyone know anything about bromelain? I have heard that it can help with pain (which I have a lot of). Thanks!!

I take Digest Gold, by Enzymedica. It seems to help me, especially when I eat a heavier meal. Gluten free is really tough in the beginning, but it really does get better. Hang in there!

Molly

Diary free 11/06-6/08

Now using a small amount of low-lactose dairy such as aged cheeses and yogurt. Yum!

Gluten-free since 4/07

"When you row another person across the river, you get there yourself."

- Fortune Cookie

I find the enzymes do help me a lot. I have used the Digest Gold and there are cheaper brands that are gluten-free as well.

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

Before gluten when we could eat wheat, I studied a bit and found out the enzymes that people need are in raw food. To always eat raw food everytime you eat.

To not drink 1/2 hour before or after you eat b/c it washes away the enzymes.

To chew your food until it is liquid in the mouth so its easier to digest.

To take digestive enzymes if you are not eating raw food.

To take digestive enzymes whenever you eat out or eat processed foods.

To take them whenever you eat cooked food b/c cooked food can kill the enzymes.

So I think its a good idea to take them anyway.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Thanks for the advice. I think I will try the digest gold.