Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mom23boys

Can They Be Gluten Related?

In my family I'm not the possible celiac, autistic or wheat allergic so I decided to have me a sandwich at a store this weekend. I am now having a hemorrhoid flare up. I have not had a flare up since going gluten free with my guys. I thought I may have a mild problem with gluten but not this much. My Enterolab results were on the border but it was the safe side of the border--or so I thought.

Are hemorrhoid issues common with gluten issues?

Was it just one of those freak timing things??

Shellfish free since 1980

Milk free (all forms) since 1991

Feingold in 2003

First gluten-free round 2007

Now entering full time Gluten free, egg free, almond/peanut free

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

In my family I'm not the possible celiac, autistic or wheat allergic so I decided to have me a sandwich at a store this weekend. I am now having a hemorrhoid flare up. I have not had a flare up since going gluten free with my guys. I thought I may have a mild problem with gluten but not this much. My Enterolab results were on the border but it was the safe side of the border--or so I thought.

Are hemorrhoid issues common with gluten issues?

Was it just one of those freak timing things??

I don't think it was a conincidence. I have to carry baby wipes around with me when I get accidentally glutened because of the pain and there seems to be some extra irritation.

Did you ask Enterolab if you were on the "safe" side? Just a thought...they seem helpful. Maybe you should call/email them?

~Laura

Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

I have DH and when I get a bad glutening I get a flare and blistering. No Fun. Hemmies are now no issue for me without the gluten in the picture, but for many gluten may not be the only reason for a flare.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)