Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ellen123

What's Going On?

I am happily gluten-free since February 08. My severe daily neck pain is gone as are the frequent migraines associated with the neck pain. Peripheral neuropathy is improved, although not completely better. DH has gotten worse if I get cc'd (or it could be from seaweed, iodized salt, or shellfish, which I now try to avoid. The only problem I'm having is that I now have gas and stomach bloating, which I didn't have before going gluten-free. In fact, I had no GI symptoms before. Any ideas about what's going on?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Im kinda in the same boat Ellen. And I have not eatin DAIRY in years, so that is NOT my problem.

But it could be yours. Are you eating dairy? You may have to cut it out for awhile and try to re-introduce later.

I had loose BM's prior to gluten-free, but not a lot of bloating. Now I am having bloating. But it might not be related to gluten free living at all.

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

Before going gluten free, neither brown rice nor raw carrots bothered me and now they cause bloating. I am hoping that with enough time that will go away and I can add those items back into my diet.

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

I am sleuthing and I think I might be on to something. I tried baking with xylitol a few months ago with disasterous effects (bloating, gas and explosive D). Needless to say, I only tried it one time.....

Anyway, I had bought some gluten free gum and would chew it now and again. And have noticed that every time I chew some, I get bloat and D. Even just two little chic let size pieces.

On the xylitol package it says that it may have a laxative effect if eaten in excess OR even small amounts in individuals who are sensitive.

Well I must be very sensitive.

Now here is the rip.....My sublingual B12 (Jarrow) which I have been taking for years, lists xylitol as the first ingredient. I am suspecting this might be my bloating issue now and I've noticed looser BM's. So today I am to hunt for a substitute.

So what I am getting at is that once you go gluten-free, other sensitivities might become apparent and you have to try to figure them out.

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

Anyway, I had bought some gluten free gum and would chew it now and again. And have noticed that every time I chew some, I get bloat and D. Even just two little chic let size pieces.

Same here. I was in a meeting a few weeks ago and grabbed a couple pieces of gum from a pack on the table. Had bad cramps all that day. Who would have thought?

Walt

Daughter diagnosed via positve blood work 09/2005 - she had negative biopsy

Sister Dx via bloodwork

Nephew has daughter with celiac disease Dx'd at age 6 months

Me - negative blood and biopsy, but HUGE dietary response. No question in my mind.