Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi everyone!

I'm a bit new here have been pondering about for a few days so I thought I would interduce myself. My name is Wendy and I'm 20 years old from Indianapolis, Indiana. I've been through this lovely roller coaster ride for about 3 years now, finally they're getting ideas of what is going on with me! I've been to numerous hospitals always with the same complaints...sever stomach pain, bloody stools, fatigue, depression, and many more! All I ever got was it's all in your head pretty much, or that's at least how it seemed. They would shoot me up with some pain medicine and send me on my way.

I finally, 2months ago, got them to do an ultrasoud, to see if I had gallstones, negitive of course. They "supposedly" took out my appendix when I was 17, that wasn't it. Then they said IBS, nope...then it was chrons disease...yet again not it...so I finally got them to do an endoscopy/colonoscopy last Wednesday. they biopsied my intestines, stomach, colon, and something else and I get the results on Thursday...nervous but excited! Right now it's a toss up between celiac or micro ulceritive colitous. Please excuse my spelling.

The only reason they are finally taking interest, in my opinion, is because I have lost over 20lbs in less than a month because I cannot seem to put weight on. I'm currently at 95lbs, it's horrible! Hopefully it's looking up, I have now gone gluten free and there isn't much pain, so I think it's the Celiac...

I have learned so much on this site I love it and greatly appreciate it! Thank you all!

Wendy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Wendy and Welcome to the Forum!

I hope that you get some answers quickly. We would certainly like to welcome you into our club, because it can be managed with a gluten free diet, with no surgery or medications.

Please feel free to walk around this site. There is no better information of Celiac and associated issues. Use this time to study up. ;)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Hi ! Wow, that's great that you are finally getting some answers, do let us know! I relate to what you're going through, I too have been on the diagnosis yo-yo for about 2 years (and not totally diagnosed yet.) Best of luck with everything and keep us posted :)

*Jessica*

IgG + IgA + TtG -

Family History of Celiac

See 'about me' for more info

gluten-free Since: 11/02/08

Welcome Wendy!! good luck with your results. Let us know how things are going for you.

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Candida overgrowth / started treatment November 2008