Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenny (AZ via TX)

Cantina Laredo

Just wanted to let everyone know that Cantina Laredo has a great gluten-free menu. You can even eat the chips and salsa (the red, not green). I live in Arizona, but the restaurant is also in Texas. Each time I go to Cantina Laredo, the waiter seems very knowledgeable. I've been several times and have never had any problems. The gluten-free menu also has more than just a couple of items on it. Hope that gives some of you one more place to out.

Jenny

(Texas girl in AZ)

Diag: 2/2008

Bloodwork - positive, 2/19/08

Biopsy - positive, 2/26/08

Colonoscopy - clean as a whistle!, 2/27/08

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Jenny!

Just wondering if you've been to any of the ones in TX?

I was just curious if one was any better than another.

Thx!

Dx Celiac 08/22/08

Iron Deficient Anemia / Blood Clotting Disorder / Severe Vit D Deficiency / Low Cortisol / Progesterone/Testosterone Deficient

Persisting Sx: bouts of extreme fatigue, dry itchy skin, dry gritty eyes, bouts of brain fog and terrible short term memory, hair loss, hypoglycemic tendencies, low body temps, low BP, cold hands and feet

UPDATE: Began BHRT 9/22/10 and it made a world of difference, for about 2 weeks. Hair loss stopped almost completely, energy levels way up and felt 19 again! Going back for a booster this week....

Sorry, but I haven't been to any of the ones in TX. I get back to Dallas 4-6 times a year and I'm going to try it on my next visit. I think Cantina Laredo started there. I love going there because I love Mexican food and don't have to worry about every little thing there! I don't know what part of Texas you are in, but there is another restaurant that I did go to, not Cantina. It was a seafood place. Sorry I can't remember the name. I'll ask my sister where we went if you want to know. It was in a new shopping center in Highland Village.

I also heard about a great gluten-free restaurant in Plano. I'll have to look for the name of that also. If you are in the Dallas area and know of some great restaurants, please let me know. Sorry about the rambling, but I get so excited when I go to a restaurant with a gluten-free menu.

Hi Jenny!

Just wondering if you've been to any of the ones in TX?

I was just curious if one was any better than another.

Thx!

Jenny

(Texas girl in AZ)

When you do make it to one in Texas, I'd be curious to know what you think!

I'm in the north Dallas area, so if you can find out the name of the seafood place, I'd love to go try it out.

I don't get over towards Highland Village very often (unless I'm going to visit the in-laws), but I'll keep an eye open the next time I'm over that way to see if I can spot it.

I'll bet the place in Plano you're thinking of is Delicious N Fit/Laura's Bistro. I've heard that's really good too, but haven't been there yet.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for other restaurants, and if I discover any I'll definitely let you know!

Dx Celiac 08/22/08

Iron Deficient Anemia / Blood Clotting Disorder / Severe Vit D Deficiency / Low Cortisol / Progesterone/Testosterone Deficient

Persisting Sx: bouts of extreme fatigue, dry itchy skin, dry gritty eyes, bouts of brain fog and terrible short term memory, hair loss, hypoglycemic tendencies, low body temps, low BP, cold hands and feet

UPDATE: Began BHRT 9/22/10 and it made a world of difference, for about 2 weeks. Hair loss stopped almost completely, energy levels way up and felt 19 again! Going back for a booster this week....

I will let you know when I go to one in Dallas. It will probably be around the end of the year. Also I will try to PM you if I can figure out how to do this. There used to be a Cantina Laredo in Addison off of Beltline. Also one further north I think off of North Dallas Toll Road (maybe around Frankford?)

When you do make it to one in Texas, I'd be curious to know what you think!

I'm in the north Dallas area, so if you can find out the name of the seafood place, I'd love to go try it out.

I don't get over towards Highland Village very often (unless I'm going to visit the in-laws), but I'll keep an eye open the next time I'm over that way to see if I can spot it.

I'll bet the place in Plano you're thinking of is Delicious N Fit/Laura's Bistro. I've heard that's really good too, but haven't been there yet.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for other restaurants, and if I discover any I'll definitely let you know!

Jenny

(Texas girl in AZ)

Well, I'm always around, so next time you come this way, maybe we can go visit one of these places together! :)

In case you have trouble with the PM feature, just click on my username, and then click 'Send Message'.

Hope that helps!

Dx Celiac 08/22/08

You just ask for it when you go to the restaurant. It's printed out, so you don't have to worry what's what. I live in Arizona, so I don't know if they all have the menu, but I would think they would. You may want to call first and ask for the manager. We go to the one out here quite often and never a problem.

I cannot find the gluten free menu, where did you see it?

Jenny

(Texas girl in AZ)