Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MarsupialMama

Going Backwards...how Long Till Improvement?

We were seeing great results with our baby gaining some fat (was extremely underweight) - she started filling out and everything after a few weeks. However, she got ahold of a few bites of wheat bread. During the first week afterwards she lost all the fat she gained and got the big belly again. Its now been 2 weeks since the incident and I"m wondering when I can start looking forward to her gaining the fat again. Every day drives me nuts when I look at her little ribs poking out. Makes me worry myself to death. Anybody have experience with "mistakes" and how long before things start "righting" themselves again???

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

When my son had mistakes, it took a couple days for things to get right again. He would have the poops and be unhappy. Is you child growing. That may be why she looks skinny. I found that i was cross contam my son and not even knowing it. We went on vacation and my mother uses cast iron skillets. I kept wondering where he was getting wheat from - he had the runny smelly poops and diaper rash again. Then it dawned on me - 3 weeks later - that my mother does not was her cast iron, only rinses and drys. I hate feeling so ignorant on the subject. I have to go to several different souces to get some answers and then I dont know what to believe. Good luck.

DS 3 yrs old - DNA positive with DQ2 and biopsy confirmed celiacs in May 08

DD 5 yrs old - DNA negative (thank goodness)

DH - DNA negative

Me - DNA positive with DQ2, negative biopsy, but gluten free and feel great!