Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teke

Do I Have Celiacs

My symptoms have been Extreme tiredness, feeling extremely unhealthy all the time, lethargic, depressed Mood swings, bloating, distention, similar symptoms to irritable bowel syndrome. I was diagnoses as severely iron deficient and very low in B12. I suffer joint pain on and off. Shouldn't my doctor have noticed this.

I have never been able to stomach beer because of how it sits in my stomach (1/4 of a beer will make me sick). Sometimes I wont eat all day have one biscuit and I will feel so bloated and my stomach will swell up like a balloon. White bread can make me bloated. Whenever I am on a healthy diet I feel better as I have always been addicted to breads so I try to cut down on breads by two thirds when I'm on a diet and also cut out processed foods.

The only syptoms I dont have is weight loss and diarrhea. I eat far to much to lose any weight and my stools are a mix of diarrhea to normal to constipation.

I was in tears when I found this forum. I basically feel so crap all the time no matter how hard I try. Until two days ago I had no idea about anything to do with celiacs or gluten intoerence.

I realise I need to get tested but please tell me what you think about my symptoms.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome!

It sounds suspicious for sure for Celiac. Do you have a Doctor? You should go and get a complete Celiac blood panel. Report back us. Hope you get to the bottom soon.

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!