Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tyefromnj

So Do I Have It Or Not?

Hey guys, I recently posted that I have been having various stomach and nerve issues to which a neurologist ordered a celiac panel.

Unfortunately, he was pretty stupid when it comes to the disease and told me to go to the GI doc. So while I have to wait for another week, I thought I would ask whether you guys could help.

So here they are.

IGA, serum(normal range 81 - 463 mg/dL) mine = 209

TISSUE TRANSGLUTAM AB IGA (Range less than 5) mine = less than three

but here is the kicker.

Gliadin AB (IGA) ( range <11 U/mL) mine = 16.

So the Gliadin is high and the rest is low. What should I come to think of it?

Tye

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I would say you are reacting to GLUTEN. You might be Celiac or Gluten Intolerant. The cure is the same. A Gluten Free Diet. You can ask for a biopsy and genetic testing to learn more. Dont go gluten-free until the biopsy if you want to have one.

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!