Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mama2two

Good For You Pepperoni

my daughter loves pepperoni, but I don't love all the nitrates and other nasty things in there, does any one know of a healthy version of pepperoni, preferably sliced? thanks for sharing.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Wellshire Farms pepperoni is gluten-free, sliced and free of nitrites/nitrates. I have not tried it, so I cannot vouch for the taste. All the other Wellshire farms products i have had are great, though.

http://www.wellshirefarms.com/homepage.php

Hope this helps.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

We liked it. The Whole Foods in our area keeps it hanging in the chips aisle not in the refrigerated section. In my experience, some of the nitrate free, uncured products spoil quickly, so follow package instructions- some should be used within 3 days and freeze the unused portion the day that you open it.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies