Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

purple

gluten-free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

gluten-free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup butter, softened

3/4 cup white sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar

3/4 cup creamy peanut butter

1 tsp. vanilla

2 eggs

1/3 cup baking cocoa

2 cups gluten-free flour (I use Carol's Blend, below)

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. xanthan gum

1 cup gluten-free peanut butter or chocolate chips or 1/2 cup each

1 heaping cup, chopped Reese's peanut butter cups (about 20 minis)

In large bowl, beat sugars, butter and peanut butter until smooth and fluffy. Blend in vanilla and eggs. Beat in cocoa. Beat in gluten-free flour, soda, salt and xanthan gum. Mix well. Stir in all the candies. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. Cool and remove from pan to wire rack.

Extra protein tip: sandwich together with peanut butter in the middle

Carol's gluten-free Flour Blend

1 1/2 cups sorghum flour

1 1/2 cups potato starch or cornstarch

1 cup tapioca flour

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You're going to make me fat :lol::lol:

I let my kids have 2nds on dessert last night just to get those oatmeal chocolate cookies out of my kitchen!!! I know my motto is "everything in moderation" but there are sometimes I cannot help myself :lol:

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

You're going to make me fat :lol::lol:

I let my kids have 2nds on dessert last night just to get those oatmeal chocolate cookies out of my kitchen!!! I know my motto is "everything in moderation" but there are sometimes I cannot help myself :lol:

:D

Ha Ha!

But Rachelle.....they have oats in them and these new ones have peanut butter....better for you than a sugar cookie or a chocolate chipper.

Don't forget to put a bag in the freezer for a rainy day. Fast way to hide them ;)

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

:D

Ha Ha!

But Rachelle.....they have oats in them and these new ones have peanut butter....better for you than a sugar cookie or a chocolate chipper.

Don't forget to put a bag in the freezer for a rainy day. Fast way to hide them ;)

Yeah, and I use the Pamela's so I cut the fat significantly in the recipe.....I'll keep telling myself they're healthy :P

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)