This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

gluten-free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

purple

purple Community Regular

gluten-free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup butter, softened

3/4 cup white sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar

3/4 cup creamy peanut butter

1 tsp. vanilla

2 eggs

1/3 cup baking cocoa

2 cups gluten-free flour (I use Carol's Blend, below)

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. xanthan gum

1 cup gluten-free peanut butter or chocolate chips or 1/2 cup each

1 heaping cup, chopped Reese's peanut butter cups (about 20 minis)

In large bowl, beat sugars, butter and peanut butter until smooth and fluffy. Blend in vanilla and eggs. Beat in cocoa. Beat in gluten-free flour, soda, salt and xanthan gum. Mix well. Stir in all the candies. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. Cool and remove from pan to wire rack.

Extra protein tip: sandwich together with peanut butter in the middle

Carol's gluten-free Flour Blend

1 1/2 cups sorghum flour

1 1/2 cups potato starch or cornstarch

1 cup tapioca flour

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac-mommy Collaborator

You're going to make me fat :lol::lol:

I let my kids have 2nds on dessert last night just to get those oatmeal chocolate cookies out of my kitchen!!! I know my motto is "everything in moderation" but there are sometimes I cannot help myself :lol:

purple Community Regular
You're going to make me fat :lol::lol:

I let my kids have 2nds on dessert last night just to get those oatmeal chocolate cookies out of my kitchen!!! I know my motto is "everything in moderation" but there are sometimes I cannot help myself :lol:

:D

Ha Ha!

But Rachelle.....they have oats in them and these new ones have peanut butter....better for you than a sugar cookie or a chocolate chipper.

Don't forget to put a bag in the freezer for a rainy day. Fast way to hide them ;)

celiac-mommy Collaborator
:D

Ha Ha!

But Rachelle.....they have oats in them and these new ones have peanut butter....better for you than a sugar cookie or a chocolate chipper.

Don't forget to put a bag in the freezer for a rainy day. Fast way to hide them ;)

Yeah, and I use the Pamela's so I cut the fat significantly in the recipe.....I'll keep telling myself they're healthy :P

Archived