Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheri A

Sonic Drive In

Sonic Drive in is opening here in a few days. I was wondering if anyone eats there.

I just went to their website and didn't find any useful information for dealing with allergies or celiac. The nutrition guide is strictly all the calories, fat, etc., but nothing that I wanted to know. After the hype dies down, I guess we'll go down there and see if there is anything safe.

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/lofiversion...php/t29694.html

Sonic. 866-657-6642. No gluten-free menu that is printed or published on the Internet. However, a company representative at Sonic's toll-free number verbally gave the following list of gluten-free menu items:

Bacon

Breakfast sausage patty

Hamburger, no bun

Hotdog, no bun

Sliced American cheese

Shredded cheddar cheese

Pepperjack cheese

Egg patty (may be contaminated from cooking on the same griddle as non-gluten-free foods)

Ketchup

Mustard

Marinara sauce

Salad dressings, all varieties in the usual menu*

Shake mix (Shakes may be made in the same container as malts. Ask the staff to clean the container to prevent cross-contamination.)

Softserve ice cream

Hershey's chocolate syrup

Butterfinger, M&M, Reese's Pieces, and whipped toppings

Route 44 drinks, all flavors in the usual menu*

Slushes, all flavors in the usual menu*

*Special menu items are not included in this list.

Although Sonic's Tater Tots and French fries are gluten free, they may have gluten contamination from being fried with gluten-containing menu items

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF OLD AND I WOULD NOT RELY ON THE INFORMATION, BUT THERE IS A CONTACT #. The risk would be too high for me to enjoy.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

The ONLY thing I consider safe at Sonic are the drinks. I have gotten sick from the tater tots and their bacon.

"...I tried to explain to the waiter that I could not have anything with flour so he took the flower off the table..."

Live your life each day

greet the tides my friend

we're all nomads; forever on our way

a journey to the end.

Thanks, Lisa and dksart! My dh went there alone for lunch, and he said that they had a big disclaimer about cross-contamination at the bottom of the menu. He didn't think the food was very good, anyway. He said the cherry limeade was okay, so maybe we'll go for drinks sometime only. Too risky for me!

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.