Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KLTerry

Shopping List

Hello all. I'm having a hard time grocery shopping. It takes forever. I was wondering if anyone had a list of regular gluten-free foods that I can get at a normal grocery store. Are there items that you buy on a regular basis that are currently gluten free? (I know, check the ingredients often in case they change). I have lists from various sites with different types of gluten-free foods, but I'm still having a hard time.

Also, are there any cereals that you can get at a normal grocery store? I live northeast, so I shop at Giant Eagle or Wal-Mart. I think that Cocoa Pebbles and Fruity Pebbles are gluten-free. I called Post, and they went over the ingredients with me, and I know that they usually list any allergens, but I'm still afraid to eat them. Anyone know for sure?

Thank you very much.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Post is made by Kraft. All of Kraft foods will not hide any gluten in their products . Unless the labels say wheat,rye,barley, or oats then Kraft is safe to have. :D There is alot of stuff we can have even at regular stores...its a matter of learning the things we can and can't have. If you need help PM me or something and I can help you with a list. :D

Guest barbara3675

There is a very comprehensive food list at www.napervillegi.com/celiac/GFfoodlist.pdf It is over 50 pages long and is very helpful when shopping at the grocery store. It also has phone numbers for you to call companies if you have questions. I hope this will help you, it sure was a help for me. You will find so many things on there that you will not feel deprived.

Barbara

There is a list of companies that clearly list gluten, compiled by Richard (known as "lovegrov" on this message board)...this means that you can just read the label and, like Kraft, know immediately if it's gluten-free or not. On this list are the following companies:

Aunt Nelly's, Balance, Baskin Robbins, Ben & Jerry, Betty Crocker, Blue Bunny, Butterball *lists wheat only, Breyers, Campbells, Cascadian Farms, Celestial Seasonings, ConAgra *lists wheat only, Country Crock, Edy's, General Mills, Good Humor, Green Giant, Haagen Daz, Hellman's, Hershey, Hormel, Hungry Jack, Jiffy, Knorr, Kozy Shack, Kraft, Libby's, Lipton, Martha White, McCormick, Nabisco, Nestle, Old El Paso, Ortega, Pillsbury, Popsicle, Post, Progresso, Russell Stover, Seneca Foods, Smucker, Stokely's, Sunny Delight, T Marzetti, Tyson, Unilever, Wishbone, Yoplait, Zatarain's.

http://homepage.mac.com/sholland/celiac/GFfoodlist.pdf

Here is another good list. Remember to always double check the ingredients, since they change sometimes and no list is 100% accurate, but they are there to serve as a guideline when you shop.

God bless,

Mariann