This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

IgA/IgB

BelievinMiracles

BelievinMiracles Explorer

I had an IgA/IgB test quite awhile ago and I decided to look at it recently. My IgA was <3 and IgB was 6. I was just wondering how numbers with those antigliadins usually turn up in blood tests, like for example should they be around the same numbers or is there a possiblity that I may be IgA deficient? I don't know how it works. I know my test was negative but I was just wondering how the numbers work.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ShayFL Enthusiast

What were your exact tests?

Did they test total IgA? Is that the number you are referring to?

What were your exact tests?

Did they test total IgA? Is that the number you are referring to?

The test is called Antigliadin Antibody Panel. They tested IgA which was <3 U/mL. Then they tested IGG (haha before I referred to it as IgB....oops) which was 6 U/mL. Both of these were put on a scale of

<11 Negative

11-17 equivocal

17> Positive

ShayFL Enthusiast

My tests were like yours. Showing antibodies but not enough for a dx. I have "low" IgA but still within range. They should always test "total" IgA with Celiac panels and I dont know why they dont.

Regardless of my numbers, I have had a POS response to the diet. :)

My tests were like yours. Showing antibodies but not enough for a dx. I have "low" IgA but still within range. They should always test "total" IgA with Celiac panels and I dont know why they dont.

Regardless of my numbers, I have had a POS response to the diet. :)

Thank you for your responses!

Baddfrog Rookie

I'm sorry to cut in on this thread, but I have a similar question.

This were my test results

Gliadin IgG Antibodies <10 U/ml

Gliadin IgG Antibodies <5 U/ml

tTg IgA Auto = 62.5 U/ml

tTg IgG Auto < 6 U/ml

I'm confused...I've heard you can have false positives with tTg-IgA but 62.5 seems a bit high for a false positive...any thoughts?

• 8 months later...
70SS396 Newbie

Please excuse my ignorance. I am completely new to all this and am desperately trying to find what is a wrong with my GI issues (which are daily). I am just not buying the IBS thing, everything I eat it seems to effect me, which is mostly wheat related items because with a minor weak heart (cardiomyopathy) I thought and perhaps I am if glutent isn't the prblem) eating healthy.

So my question is this, is my blood work a complete Celiac Disease Panel? And does the number 3 on the tTC IGA mean low (deficiency) or normal?

TTG IGA < 3

GLIADIN IGG < 3

thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 1 year later...
Guest JoJo2021

My Results: I believe read a false Negative!!

Endomysial IGA antibodies <1:10

Glaiadin Antibodies IgA 1

Gladin Antibodies IgG 2

My test results did not read positive at all, But after going on the gluten free diet, I was Pretty much symptom free. I still make a mistake here and there, manily this month I eat fruit loops and made a mistake twice with organic food thinking it was gluten free, But this month I

Dixiebell Contributor

JoJo2021

It is so good to hear that you have found answers for you many symptoms.

Archived