This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Do You Think I Have Celiac?

coltoot

coltoot Newbie

Please help me... Below are a list of my symtoms and diagnoses. Most of them began about 2 years ago. Do you think this is Celiac? I've had two blood tests which show negative results. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

IBS - 1992 and 2007

Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth - 8/2006

Endometriosis - 1992 and 2007

Breast cyst removed - 2/2007

Ovarian cyst removed - 2/2007

Brain cyst - 7/2007

Hypothyroid - 8/2006

B12 deficiency - 2007

Depression

Anxiety

Diarrhea / Constipation

Gas / Bloating

Numbness and tingling in feet and hands

Migraines - 1997

Fluid retention

Keratosis Pilaris on legs, thighs, buttocks, back and arms - 7/2007

Retinal hematoma - 7/2007

Irregular periods - since 2006

Night sweats

Faitgue!!!

Joint pain

Muscle cramps

Weakness

Light colored stools that may float or appear to have mucous

Geographic / Fissured tongue

Thank you for your help and support.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

leadmeastray88 Contributor

Welcome! :)

Yes, those symptoms could definitely be pointing to Celiac. The problem is that the symptoms are so vague that they can also be attributed to many other ailments.

Which blood tests did you have run? You should get a copy of the results and post them here. Some doctors don't order the full Celiac panel:

IgA

IgG

tTG

Total IgA

If then all the results are negative, you could see a gastro and request an endoscopy with multiple biopsies. Only then should you try a strict gluten free diet for a few months and see what happens.

Good luck!

-Kim

coltoot Newbie

Kim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post. As I'm sure you know, having the symptoms without a diagnosis is very frustrating. Over the past 2 years I have been tested for so many things to no avail. According to the sheet I have from my doctor, it appears that she checked all of the levels you mentioned. I don't have a copy of the results but I have requested one and expect to have it by the end of the week. If the results were negative would the specfic level make a difference?

The nurse at my GI doctor is working on getting me in to get a genetic test. What is your opinion on that? Can you have the gene and test negative on the blood test? Also, I had a colonoscopy about 2 years ago and they found nothing. Would I still need an endoscopy? The allergist says yes and the family doctor says no!

Again, thank you for your time.

Tonya :D

Archived