Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EmmyLouWho?

Anyone Turn Down A Biopsy For Their Child?

Just wanted to follow up and let everyone know that I took my daughter to another Ped GI DR and he said that her bloodwork was enough to determine celiacs disease- he did not recommend the endo at this time. My husband and I are going to be tested- to see if we have it. I am relieved that he did not insist on the biopsy. My gut feeling told me to go to another Dr. This is my youngest child 7 years old. I have two older children that are 25 and 21 years old now, and I have always followed my gut with their medical care as well.

Just wanted to follow up and let everyone know that I took my daughter to another Ped GI DR and he said that her bloodwork was enough to determine celiacs disease- he did not recommend the endo at this time. My husband and I are going to be tested- to see if we have it. I am relieved that he did not insist on the biopsy. My gut feeling told me to go to another Dr. This is my youngest child 7 years old. I have two older children that are 25 and 21 years old now, and I have always followed my gut with their medical care as well.

Congratulations on finding a good doctor who appears more interested in the welfare of his young patient than putting her through more testing that wasn't needed!

Now all you have to do is figure which side of the family it came from....it could be both, as in my family. You may want to have the gene testing done to determine this. The gene testing and Celiac blood panel can tell you a wealth of information. Good luck!

That's great news!! It must feel great to have a doctor who is understanding and ready to make a diagnosis without the additional procedures. Good thing you went with your gut! I don