Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Woodrow18

Accidental Ingestion Of Gluten

I had an accidental ingestion of gluten three weeks ago on New Year's Eve. Despite getting back on my very rigid gluten-free diet, I still have diarrhea. I was diagnosed with celiac disease about 18 months ago and have managed it beautifully until now. Any suggestions or is it normal to take such a long time for my body to tolerate food again?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That sounds like a long time to me but I'm not that sensitive. I'd be concerned if it continues. A thought... I've noticed that my body is less tolerant of some things now that I'm gluten-free... bacon for example. My stomach won't tolerate the fat in bacon 2 days in a row. Perhaps you're reacting to something else entirely. Regardless... you're not getting nutrition if your food is being eliminated so quickly.

Take care... Baillie

That sounds like a long time to me but I'm not that sensitive. I'd be concerned if it continues. A thought... I've noticed that my body is less tolerant of some things now that I'm gluten-free... bacon for example. My stomach won't tolerate the fat in bacon 2 days in a row. Perhaps you're reacting to something else entirely. Regardless... you're not getting nutrition if your food is being eliminated so quickly.

Take care... Baillie

Thanks for your advice. I chatted with my doctor today and she seems to think I have an infection....labwork to follow!

Anything new in your diet? I found out I was reacting to a tea I was drinking nearly all day long. That'll teach me for buying the cheap stuff!!

Nothing new...on the advice of my doctor I am eating only white rice and bananas until tomorrow when I can add applesauce. It has made a huge difference....we'll see what happens when I start adding other foods (gluten-free, of course) to my diet!