Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lbd

The Gluten Doctors Book

I ordered The Gluten Doctors book, called "The Gluten Effect - How Innocent Wheat is Ruining Your Health" by Drs. Vikki and Richard Petersen. I actually ordered two, one for me and one for my sister. Got them quickly in the mail and was very pleasantly surprised. It is a very nice quality paperback with excellent and clearly written descriptions of not only celiac but the full range of gluten sensitivities. I especially like the focus on using symptoms of gluten sensitivity and response to diet to help diagnose gluten sensitivity rather than waiting until the damage is done and diagnosing through biopsy. It is a very proactive approach. They explain that gluten sensitivity affects a much larger % of the population than previously thought and how few doctors are trained to recognize the problem.

I have no connection whatsoever with these folks, but I do like this book. It is an excellent book to present to your own doctor or relatives that do not understand gluten sensitivity. They mention several alternative methods of testing beyond the gold standard and even mention stool testing as a promising alternative. Once Dr. Fine publishes his work, I really think this will open up a great alternative to the traditional tests.

Laurie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have a similar book written by Shari Lieberman called the gluten connection. It talks about celiac disease but also gluten intolerance & how so many are missed dx'd & taking control on your own life.... I love it ...

blessings