Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darkhorse

Edoscopy Results

I went in for my endoscopy today and it was not as bad as I thought. For some reason he took a biopsy of my esophagus, stomach and small intestine. My throat hurts at the biopsy site, but that is the worst of my post procedure symptoms. He didn't have the results yet, but the report said that my GI tract showed mucosal abnormality and was very inflamed. I have to go in for the re-do on my bloodwork tomorrow and I need to call and schedule an appointment in about 2 weeks to go over the results of everything.

The Dr. did say that since I had a positive response to diet I should go gluten/dairy free again as soon as I was ready. I have already begun the diet today. I am so ready to start feeling good again. I'm am going to have to ask why they did the biopsy on my esophagus and stomach. The report did say something about H. pylori. Would a biopsy show that? What is the treatment for that?

I guess I will find out everything for sure in two weeks.

Gluten and Casein Free - 5/15/09

Avoiding soy, corn, additives, MSG, preservatives, nightshades, grains, sugar, and starches as much as possible.

Negative Celiac tests but very inflamed stomach and intestines, elevated mast cells and all other tests negative

Positive response to diet - labeled Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerant

I come from a family of "stomach problems"

"... growing children quite literally are what they eat. When you think about this, you begin to feel differently about 'cheap' food." - Dr. Alan Greene, M.D.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

The GI doc took a biopsy of my stomach also during my EGD as well as the six samples from my first part of the small intestine. The stomach biopsy is checking for H pylori a bacteria that can cause a lot of trouble. I am uncertain of the treatment, but I think antibiotics for a period of time, but don't hold me to that. I did not have a biopsy of the esophagus. Mine looked normal with the exception of mild distal esophagitis. I have had very little heartburn since going gluten free and I tested negative for the H pylori. Your doctor is being very thorough!

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.