Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasonD2

I'm Living Inside A Box

I make the bread according to package directions, however, it calls for so many egg whites which are very expensive, I just do all eggs. I don't know why you could screw it up, I do have a Kitchen Aid mixer that I make it on. It has to beat for three minutes total. I can do that (with a Kitchen Aid or something like it) and oil my pans or do whatever while it is beating. I do use real butter too. I have used the flour in chocolate chip cookies, you need to back off a little on the flour as the gluten-free Bob's Red Mill is stiffer than regular flour. Also you need to add a teaspoon of xanthun gum for every cup of flour, it helps it rise. I use it in muffins too. I find the moister a recipe is the better it adapts to using the flour replacement. Something that is kind of stiff (like those pecan cookies at Christmas) don't do so well. Go on a site like www.allrecipes.com or www.recipeczar.com and they have gluten-free recipes. If you make cookies or cakes without flour, such as flourless chocolate cake or meringues, then you avoid the flour altogether. I made the flourless chocolate cake with a chocolate ganache for my birthday one year and people said it was the best chocolate cake they had ever had. You also put frozen raspberries in your blender with some sugar and hit the button for a very short time and you have a wonderful topping over the ganache. It is very sinful, but one a year, what the heck.

Barbara

its gota just be a taste thing then because when e just substituted it there was a really bad taste for all of us. we just substituted directly with it and it rose fine and the texture was fine but the taste was way off

-matt

Jason, trying to be an objective observer here, you have started a lot of threads and a lot of forum members have shared their knowledge and expertise (I am one of them) and I am sure you have gained a lot of useful information from them, or at least you must realize this, but I would just like to make a comment here.

To the best of my memory I have never seen a reply from you in appreciation of the help and the boosts that you have received, or any posts in other threads to help other people who might be suffering what you are going through. This forum only thrives by those with experience sharing it with others. It might be helpful to other new posters here to share with others what you have gone through and help them with their lives.

• Forum Discussions

I've spent a lot of time looking up to see if I can find a post about a similar situation but haven't had luck finding it. I've never been 100% gluten free. As of this past Spring, I consumed gluten regularly (maybe a few times per week?...
    Genetic testing will just lump your son  into the possibility of developing celiac disease, along with almost a 1/3 of the population!  That is a lot of people!  Even if he has the genes, what will you do?   I understand your position.  My...
    Looking at the technical/FDA information for BioPlex, it looks a little different from some other tests.  One test looks for IgA for both TTG and DGP, along with IgA deficiency, and the other looks for IgG for both TTG and DGP.  So it looks li...