Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandy Beach

New To This

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

hello

No question is stupid.

I do suggest that before you start being gluten-free you get some bloodwork, endo & or Dna testing first. Otherwise a few months down the road these tests will not be accurate because you have already stopped eating gluten.

Meats, fruits & veggies are all gluten-free except for ones that have coatings, glazes, marinades , sauces& pre-seasoned. Think Naked foods! This may not be every product that has the above in it but it is a good rule of thumb..

Lay's chips are clearly labeled on the back of the bag.

Many companies clearly label if their products contain gluten.

Feel free to ask any question. This group is here to help, not judge....

blessings

mamaw

you can get the tests done if you are still eating gluten, i didnt get the tests because i use an alternative testing method to allergies and sensitivities that led me to celiac and after i went gluten free a lot of med issues resolved them selves that would be caused by celiac. so i know that i have it, but the issue with this route is that i dont have an official medical Dx

as to the beef question that is a very logical reasonable question. there should not be gluten in beef though how ever in theory if the animal has celiac (which i heard to day via an acquaintance who talked to a vet recently, is not uncommon in some animals) the beef could have some. however i wouldnt worry about it being an issue since in all the testing i have ever seen the meats do not have any trace of it.

lays chips idk off hand if they have it but read the label, i know that the salt and vinegar chips give me issues so i just buy the utz ones that are marked gluten-free

-matt