This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Chili's

estelita

estelita Rookie

I went to Chilis with some friends for drinks and was shocked when I said I couldn't eat anything but the waiter said, "Oh yes, you can" and returned with a menu for food allergies!

There were separate pages for egg allergies, celiac disease, fish allergies and nut allergies. Impressive!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

How great your server knew! Woo! What did you eat?

Kylie Explorer

I LOVE Chili's. My boyfriend and I eat there all the time when I am at school. They have the most amazing baked potato soup that is gluten free and I totally cheat on my dairy allergy once a month to eat it. They also have a gluten free summer vinigarette which is great and so I get the soup and salad combo and am a very happy camper!

cheddalyn Newbie
I LOVE Chili's. My boyfriend and I eat there all the time when I am at school. They have the most amazing baked potato soup that is gluten free and I totally cheat on my dairy allergy once a month to eat it. They also have a gluten free summer vinigarette which is great and so I get the soup and salad combo and am a very happy camper!

Just be careful- I ordered a salad off their gluten-free menu and the waitress brought it to me covered in croutons. I wasn't pleased.

Jamie Contributor

DO they have any chicken dishes that are gluten free?

hermitgirl Contributor

Just make sure to clarify with your wait staff that you are ordering off the allergen menu. I haven't been lucky with the Chilis out here, but I know many other people in other areas have eaten their successfully.

Kylie Explorer
Just be careful- I ordered a salad off their gluten-free menu and the waitress brought it to me covered in croutons. I wasn't pleased.

I've been given things with crutons before, I just send it back. Sometimes they even take off the charge because they feel bad for doing it even after getting me a new salad. I have no problem sending food back now so that it's right.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

estelita Rookie

I got the ribs which were AWESOME. At my restaraunt, they keep the one menu at the hostess stand at the front. So you can either ask the hostess or your server. I ask my server so they "get it."

There were specific instructions on the menu, like ordering certain burgers without the bun, certain salad dressings that were ok, order certain salads without croutons, etc.

Suprmom Rookie

We eat there all the time. DS has multiple food allergies and one of the managers is really good about taking care of us. He cooks DS's food on aluminum foil and keeps everything separate. When he's not there we have a harder time. I often send food back and we have had a scary reaction once but I think it was our fault and not the restaurants. My only real complaint with our local chili's is that they use ice cream and chocolate syrup for their chocolate shakes not the shake machine most Chili's use. It's a problem because the shake is listed as safe for DS's allergies but the ice cream and choc syrup are not. The wait staff and manager did not think to mention this to us. DS had a minor (thankfully) reaction before we figured it out. Overall it's nice for mom to get a break once in a while but doesn't provide a well rounded meal for ds.

Archived