Rate this topic

Hello

My son has been gluten-free for a week. His bm have been normal looking and he does seem to be eating more. My question is if its ok that he is having bm 3-4 times a day? Is it because he is eating more? His blood work always comes back neg. as well as the biopsy he had 4 years ago(he is 6). The doctor wanted him to do gluten-free for 6 weeks to see if he improves and then to put gluten back in diet. Thanks for helping.

Hello

My son has been gluten-free for a week. His bm have been normal looking and he does seem to be eating more. My question is if its ok that he is having bm 3-4 times a day? Is it because he is eating more? His blood work always comes back neg. as well as the biopsy he had 4 years ago(he is 6). The doctor wanted him to do gluten-free for 6 weeks to see if he improves and then to put gluten back in diet. Thanks for helping.

I'm about a month or so in to gluten-free diet...even adults increase BMs when their systems are clearing out. It is normal to go more often...I used to be an every other day type of gal...now three a day is pretty normal. As many docs say...what goes in must come out...and if you have a smoothly running system, there should be some after each time you eat.

I'm an adult, a year and a half in, and I have 4-6 BM's a day. More probably than normal but my system was pretty damaged. I'm just happy not to double over in pain each time.