Rate this topic

Hi there:

After spending days looking to see if others felt Zyrtec Allergy was gluten-free as I am still getting sick from somthing in my diet after being gluten-free for 47 days - I contacted Johnon & Johnson who bought the drug from Pfizer Pharmaceuticals and spent about 30 minutes with their customer service. The representative was very kind - the formulation has not been changed since Pfizer had the drug...and it is listed as not being gluten-free or safe for people that are lactose intolerant. The book Gluten-Free Bible that I recently purchased has noted that most Pfizer products are not gluten-free and the only Zyrtec product that is safe is the syrup for kids. UGHHH! Claritin is safe for those on a gluten-free diet. Just when you think you got most of it figured out...

Hi there:

After spending days looking to see if others felt Zyrtec Allergy was gluten-free as I am still getting sick from somthing in my diet after being gluten-free for 47 days - I contacted Johnon & Johnson who bought the drug from Pfizer Pharmaceuticals and spent about 30 minutes with their customer service. The representative was very kind - the formulation has not been changed since Pfizer had the drug...and it is listed as not being gluten-free or safe for people that are lactose intolerant. The book Gluten-Free Bible that I recently purchased has noted that most Pfizer products are not gluten-free and the only Zyrtec product that is safe is the syrup for kids. UGHHH! Claritin is safe for those on a gluten-free diet. Just when you think you got most of it figured out...

I take Zyrtec daily. Are you telling me that the pill form is NO gluten-free?

Zyrtec is not Gluten Free or Lactose Free - after 30 minutes on the phone with Johnson & Johnson the formula remains the same when they purchased Zyrtec from Pfizer - I wasn't too happy either as it is a great allergy med, but not worth the consequence for me. I am trying to get well - 47 days gluten-free with some minor slip ups. I have to remember that envelopes need to be sealed with water and not by me...UGHHH!

Lizard00 - I got that link and that is what made me want to call the company - thanks for that.

Just when you think you have it figured out.