Need Help With Test Results

Rate this topic

Test results finally came:

TTG antibody, IGA - less than 3 U/mL

Endomysial antibody IGA - TNP reflex testing not required

Endomysial antibody titer - Reflex testing not required

IGA serum - 244

TTG antibody IGG - Reflex testing not required

I was eating the "old way" in the days leading up to the test, which was done May 11.

Since that day I've followed the protocol, eating gluten-free and taking these supplements: multi, D3, B12, iron, calc/mag, coQ10, milk thistle, also naltrexone at night to reduce inflammation.

The first 5-6 weeks I noticed marked improvement in energy level, but the past couple weeks I've plateaued or maybe hit a slump and felt more fatigued and anxious. I had begun to exercise and maybe pushed myself too hard, adding hand weights to my walks. I needed a lot of rest the past week and now think I'm snapping out of it. I don't believe I got 'glutened,' bc I've prepped my own foods and got new stuff as needed. My IBS symptoms are gone and my fingernails are growing better than they have in years.

I'm sticking with the protocol, just a bit disappointed that after dramatic improvement early on I have plateaued. Just curious about test results and if I'm doing what I need to do and need patience, or if I need to adjust my routine a bit.

TIA.

where did they run your tests? they canceled all the other tests.

I guess the IgG version test was canceled because your total IgA showed no IgA deficiency, but Dr. Ford says that the antigliadin IgG test is better for gluten sensitivity. (meaning some peolple only have this one elevated, and they get better after gluten gluten-free)

They did not even order that one, but the ttg IgG.

I wonder why they canceled the EMA test, some people only have that one positive. maybe they figure they only run it if the ttg test is positive.....and only diagnose people sith both positive.

Sounds very restrictive.

at www.pubmed.com, I read some abstractgs about studies on realtives of diagnosed celiacs. They tested them over many years, and first they IgG antigliadin went positive, then slowly the others went positive.

I guess your lab decided otherwise, that antigliadin tests were too often positive , giving false postitives....without reading up on the fact that that means very early celiac, and therefore not doing them at all.

And that they did not do the EMA test because the ttg test is negative.

Well, there are always some people with only the EMA test showing up positive. And about 20% of people with total villious atrophy have negative tests andyway. more, like 50%, with partial villious atrophy have negative tests too.

nora

Test results finally came:

TTG antibody, IGA - less than 3 U/mL

Endomysial antibody IGA - TNP reflex testing not required

Endomysial antibody titer - Reflex testing not required

IGA serum - 244

TTG antibody IGG - Reflex testing not required

I was eating the "old way" in the days leading up to the test, which was done May 11.

Since that day I've followed the protocol, eating gluten-free and taking these supplements: multi, D3, B12, iron, calc/mag, coQ10, milk thistle, also naltrexone at night to reduce inflammation.

The first 5-6 weeks I noticed marked improvement in energy level, but the past couple weeks I've plateaued or maybe hit a slump and felt more fatigued and anxious. I had begun to exercise and maybe pushed myself too hard, adding hand weights to my walks. I needed a lot of rest the past week and now think I'm snapping out of it. I don't believe I got 'glutened,' bc I've prepped my own foods and got new stuff as needed. My IBS symptoms are gone and my fingernails are growing better than they have in years.

I'm sticking with the protocol, just a bit disappointed that after dramatic improvement early on I have plateaued. Just curious about test results and if I'm doing what I need to do and need patience, or if I need to adjust my routine a bit.

TIA.

Sorry I can't address your test results, but as I've never been tested nor trained, I'd be less than no help. As to exercise, don't push too hard. Assuming that you're celiac, you have a lot of healing to do. I felt an upthrust of energy after giving up gluten a year and a half or so ago and started doing 10 minutes on an exercise bike and 20 pushups, every other day. Period. I'm still shrinking, and I'm still getting stronger. So don't push yourself too hard, and don't worry about it. If your IBS symptoms are gone, then you're doing great. The only other thing to think about (it's uppermost in my mind at the moment, because I'm still having irritating digestive troubles) is that many celiacs, possibly as many as half, are also sensitive to casein, a protein in milk. So you may want to consider giving up dairy for a little while. I know, wheee.

Regardless, good luck, and take care.

I am in the same boat. My doc and I both think its possible I have celiac disease, but they canceled all the rest of the tests - yet I also tested positive for wheat allergy? Can anyone explain this?