Blood Test, Any Knowledge About Each?

Rate this topic

I was mark for the following blood test:

Test

CBC (inc. diff + plt) [L]

Comprehensive panel [RB]

Miscellaneous test

Blood C & S with ARD

(Two tubes of blood was taken, if this may be useful to understanding what everything is being used for)

How would the following test be helpful for me. I have self dianogsed as gluten intolerance and yeast intolerance. I did a Candida spit test, which came back positive. I suspect there could be something wrong with my thyroid, along with being malnutrition and pre-diabetes. Would the following test alert to anything I'm skeptical of having/ do have?

-Thanks

Also any suggestions on how long it will take to get results back? ( Mayo clinic)

Mom mention she seen a glimpse of the previous celiac test I had and it appears the testing site is Mayo Clinic.

Hmmm. Not a medical professional but that looks like more normal blood tests (complete blood count, etc.). Don't see the usual celiac-related things: IgA, IgG, etc.

Here is some info from University of Chicago's Celiac Disease Center where they discuss the different tests and what they mean: http://www.celiacdisease.net/testing

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the answer, I actually got my blood results back Friday and now know my white blood cells are below normal ( 2.9) and C02 of 32 ( about two or three more things a little out of the average range). I'm thinking now they will start running other test to figure out why it's below normal, and actually believe me about my symptoms. I will find out Tuesday.

the celiac tests are tissue transglutaminase and antigliadin and endomysium antibody, and not the things you mentioned....can you check if they were done too.

I think the blood results can only aware them about gluten intolerance. Actually looking at Mayo Clinic for reasons one white blood cells may be low, it covers lots of things and especially the conditions I mention I may/ do have:

gluten intolerance, yeast intolerance, malnutrition, thyroid problems, candida, pre-diabetes, and could possibly have a autoimmune condition ( or something ) etc... that was the main cause of me having all these health problems, such as being celiac ( as I was able to self diagnose as gluten intolerance).

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/low-white...DSECTION=causes