cuthbert

Chestnut Flour

Rate this topic

I am using an English recipe book and wondered if anyone has used chestnut flour, is it available in U.S. What is a good substiute?

I am using an English recipe book and wondered if anyone has used chestnut flour, is it available in U.S. What is a good substiute?

Google Lee Williams of Moses Lake, Washington he sells chestnut flour and other chestnut products, his quest to propagate the chestnut tree on his Trails End Ranch in the Northwest quadrant of the United States. Sorry I am on vacation and have a slow internet connection other wise I would give you more info.

Whole Foods market sells chestnut flour and they also have some cake mixes which use chestnut flour as the main flour ingredient. They are the Dowd and Rogers brand. Once you have chestnut flour, it's hard to go back to the rice flour based recipes, which I was never crazy about. Chestnut flour adds some density and real flavor to baking and I highly recommend it!