Merapi

Celiac And Menopause

Rate this topic

The main medication on the market for menopause hot flushes has gluten in it ... does anyone know of a medication for hot flush that is gluten free? from a hot and bothered celiac!!!!!

Here's an article I found, maybe it can help. I am very lucky in the menopause area, I haven't had to take any type of meds for it. I started menopause when I was 42, was through it by 49. Two years ago, at 52, I had to have a hysterectomy, and my doctor said it may throw me into menopausal symptoms for a short time, but it didn't. I have enough other issues, I'm glad this one didn't attack me too.

Good luck.

http://www.newsguide.us/health-medical/alt...tural-Menoquil/

The main medication on the market for menopause hot flushes has gluten in it ... does anyone know of a medication for hot flush that is gluten free? from a hot and bothered celiac!!!!!

How bad are your flashes? Most of the OTC stuff which contains herbs, etc. do not do much at all if your hot flashes are really bad. It depends on what your hormone levels are. I use Rx bio-identical hormone replacement and, although I still flash a bit, it's nothing compared to what I went through when it all started.

The bio-identicals are safer than the crappy pharmaceutical brands, which are derived from horses urine :o , but you have to discuss this with your doc to see if you are a candidate to use them. Made a big difference to me and I know how bad hot flashes can get. I honestly thought I was going to spontaneously combust!