This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cookies

kejohe

kejohe Apprentice

This is a recipe I created so that my hubby and son (who is the gluten-free one in our house) could enjoy their favorite cinnamon cookies together. Since then I have used it in my gluten-free cooking classes. It's really very easy and so yummy.

It can be modified to chocolate by replacing the cinnamon with cocoa powder and the cinnamon chips with chocolate. Use fine ground, Asian style rice flour for best results. Those who have issues with potato flour can substitute with rice flour, but add

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gf4life Enthusiast

Hi, it's Mariann here, I was wondering when we would start seeing some of your recipes....

I also changed my user name when the site switched over. I almost didn't realise it was you, until I read the whole post and recognized you! I'm still waiting for your cookbook!! :D

I have not gotten a chance to make any of your great recipes, yet. My kids were eating too many gluten-free foods and I didn't want to mess up their tests, so I had to quit making them. They like gluten-free better, I think it is because they start feeling better! Keep the recipes coming!

God bless.

Mariann

gf4life Enthusiast

Oh, and thanks for thinking of us dairy sensitive people out there!

My son is buggin me to use the ninja face so here it is!

:ph34r:

Connie R-E Apprentice

Fast Easy Cookies!

3 c. rice flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp. salt

Mix together in small bowl.

2 sticks butter (1 cup)--softened

1 1/2 c. brown sugar

1 large egg

1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together in large bowl.

Preheat oven to 275 F. and use un-greased cookie sheets(or bottoms will burn).

Combine small bowl of dry ingredients into large bowl of wet ingredients. Mix well. Roll into small balls. Place on cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 min. (keep them from burning!!)

Enjoy!!

Connie

kejohe Apprentice

Hi again!

I just tried expirementing with a snack bar for my son and it turned our great. I know there is still some contraversy with using oats, but I feed them to my son with no problem and I know that lots of you also eat them, so here you go!

Oatmeal snack bars

1 tsp cinnamon

3/4 C rice flour

1/2 C tapioca flour

1/4 C potatoe starch

1 tsp xanthan gum

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking powder

1 stick unsalted butter or 1/2 C butter flavor shortening (I used shortening)

1/2 C dark corn syrup

1/2 C sugar

2 eggs

1 C rolled oats (McCanns sp? is the only one I know of that is totally gluten-free)

1/2 C golden raisins

1/2 C chopped walnuts

1/2 C chocolate chips

preheat oven to 325. Spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray and line with parchment, spray parchment paper too. Combine all dry ingredients in a seperate bowl and set aside. Cream together butter, corn syrup and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and gradually add reserved dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Fold in oats, raisins, nuts and chips. spread dough in an even layer in the prepared sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes, it should be lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes then cut into bars, but do not seperate until completely cooled or they will break. When totally cool, seperate and enjoy.

This makes about 36 bars. I individually wrapped most of mine and froze them for my sons lunches.

• 2 weeks later...
granny Rookie
Fast Easy Cookies

I made your cookies today and YUM!! They are the 1st cookies I've had in months and so-o-o good! Thanks for the recipe. Granny

• 1 month later...
GFdoc Apprentice

gluten-free Oatmeal Raisin/Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter (2 sticks)

1 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

2 eggs

1 cup plus 2 TBSP rice flour

1/2 cup oatmeal flour (*I grind my own in Cuisinart)

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

3 cups medium oats

1 shy cup raisins

1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

1. In mixer, cream butter and sugars

2. Add vanilla and eggs, mix

3. In separate bowl, mix rice flour, oatmeal flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon

4. Add flour mix slowly to egg mixture, do not overmix

5. Add oats, raisins and choc. chips slowly.

6. Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased parchment paper

7. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes

My mom made these for me - they were INCREDIBLE! Thanks mom!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFdoc Apprentice

Chocolate Chip Mandelbrot

Mandelbrot (or mandelbread) is German for almond bread. It is very similar to biscotti. This recipe is adapted from my Grandmother's original recipe. I altered it to make it softer. It's a cross between a chocolate chip cookie and a bar cookie. My kids adore these (me too!)

1 1/2 sticks butter

1 cup sugar

3 eggs

2 1/2 cups gluten-free flour (I used Bette Hageman's featherlight, but OK to try others too)

pinch salt

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 tsp almond extract

1 or 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (to your taste)

nuts (optional - I don't use, my kids won't eat them)

cinnamon sugar for sprinkling on top

Directions:

1. In mixer, cream butter and sugar

2. Mix in eggs

3. Add baking powder, salt, vanilla, almond extract

4. Add flour slowly

5. Add nuts and / or chocolate chips

6. Onto ungreased parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, sppon into 2 equal oval-shaped loaves. Use full length of cookie sheet, leave about 2-3 inches between loaves for spreading while baking.

7. Top loaves generously with cinnamon sugar

8. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

9. When cool, slice (as one would slice a loaf of bread, but thicker slices)

(Some people turn slices on their sides and rebake to make a dryer cookie - good for dunking into coffee - I don't do this last step)

Enjoy! Sara

seeking-wholeness Explorer

Here's I recipe I created by tinkering with a regular non-gluten-free oatmeal/fruit bar cookie recipe. Enjoy!

Apricot Crumble Bar Cookies

Cookie base/crumble topping:

3/4 cup amaranth flour

1/2 cup arowroot starch

1/2 cup rice bran

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt (if using unsalted butter or ghee)

1/2 cup gluten-free margarine, butter, or ghee

Filling:

1 cup snipped dried apricots (kitchen shears work really well; cut each apricot into six or eight pieces)

3/4 cup water

1 or 2 sloshes lemon juice (fresh is always best, but bottled is fine)

1 Tbsp. arrowroot starch

1 to 2 Tbsp. water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine all cookie base ingredients except margarine, butter, or ghee in a medium mixing bowl. Add margarine and incorporate into flour mixture using your fingers or a fork. The mixture should be very crumbly. Reserve 1/2 cup of crumbs and press the remainder into an ungreased 8 x 8-inch pan (I use Pyrex). Bake for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, prepare filling: Place apricots and the 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to boiling. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for five minutes. Add lemon juice. In a small bowl or custard cup, combine arrowroot and the 1 to 2 Tbsp. water and stir until smooth. Add to apricot mixture and remove from heat, stirring until thickened.

Remove the cookie base from the oven and spread it evenly with the filling. Sprinkle the reserved crumbs over the filling. Return to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes more, or until golden. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Makes anywhere from 12 to 25 cookies.

• 2 weeks later...
17butterflies Newbie

;) Hey everyone! I got a question for you all::

When I was little (this is going back 18 years!), the pediatrition my mom took me too after finding out I had to be on a gluten-free diet, gave my mother a recipe to make cookies using carob chips and rice pablum. So now 18 years later after finding out for sure that I am infact a celiac, we can't find this recipe anywhere! Does anyone out there possibly have a similar recipe???

Jo Ann Apprentice

Here are some recipes for cookies that my 11 yo grandson and the non-celiac rest of the family like. Hope they will be of help to someone.

gluten-free BUTTERSCOTCH BROWNIES

Connie R-E Apprentice

Mexican Wedding Cookies

2 sticks butter, softened

1/2 cup powdered suger, C&H

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups flour mix

1/8 teaspoon salt

2 cups finely chopped nuts

About 1 1/2 cups more powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 275-300 F. With electric mixer, beat butter and powdered sugar. Add vanilla. Combine flour, salt and nuts; stir into sugar mixture. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake up to 15 min. or until lightly browned. While hot, roll in powdered sugar. Cool on a rack, then roll again in powdered sugar to coat.

Makes about 5 dozen. Rich and delicious.

Ok, so this is the recipe from the back of the C&H powdered sugar box (oven temp. modified), but they are really, really good!! :P

Enjoy!!

Connie

joemoe003 Apprentice

I make these really good peanut butter cookies they are to die for!

1 cup of peanut butter

1 cup of sugar

1 egg

-Mix together

-Place on cookie sheet and cook in oven at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes.

Enjoy!

Joe Moe

• 3 months later...
plantime Contributor

I just made some yummy chocolate/oatmeal cookies!

Chocolate Fillers

3/4 c butter

1 c brown sugar

1/2 tsp sea salt

1 1/2 c chickpea flour

1 c quick oats

14 oz sweetened condensed milk

1 c semisweet chocolate chips (I used 1 whole bag!)

Cream butter with sugar and salt. Blend in flour and oats until fine. Press about 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of a greased 13x9 pan. Spread s.c. milk on crust, sprinkle chips all over. Sprinkle the rest of the mixture on the top and press down lightly. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until a light golden brown.

Mine have a semisweet taste because I used the whole bag of chips. You can use unsweetened chips, butterscotch, peanut butter, or milk chocolate. Whatever takes your fancy!

• 3 months later...
scudderkidwell Rookie

On this topic of cookies, does anyone have a good receipe for Sugar Cookie? It's the one cookie that my husband loves at Christmas time.

Thanks, Jean (Wife of a celiac disease) :D

Archived