Rate this topic

I have been loosing loads of hair for many years now. It might have started around the time when I started getting really tired all the time. So maybe around the time gluten started bothering my body.

I came across a thread here about hair loss and the possible connection between gluten in shampoo and the hair loss. I am ready to try anything and everything to start feeling better.

Please give me a few shampoo recommendations as well as where I might be able to find them.

Thank you so much. Maybe there is hope I will stop loosinf clumps of hair every day.

Karen

Karen, I can't really help on the gluten-free shampoo tho I know some people use plain castille soap (you can buy @ health food stores). It doesn't really lather, but bubbles really don't clean. They're just for show. It's a good "basic" shampoo.

But I wonder - have you had your thyroid checked? My hair falls out in clumps when my thyroid is really, really off.

I use Dr Bronners soap (castille), but not in my hair.

I had a blood test back in March or April and everything checked out just fine. I'll double check on it though to make sure my thyroid was checked. I'm pretty sure it was.

Thanks for your reply. :)

Karen

Just wanted to add that if your thyroid was checked, make sure the doc ran more than just your TSH. That number is worthless for pretty much anything other than pituitary issues.

You might also check into having other hormones tested. Too much testosterone can cause your hair to fall out.

I also suffer from hairloss which is most pronounced after a glutening but gluten in shampoos and such definately don't help the matter any.

I use either Garneir or Dove products for shampoos but before I developed an allergy to soy I used Giovanni shampoos and conditioners. I really liked the Smooth as Silk conditioner until I developed the soy allergy. Something else that might help is biotin, I take it daily and it seems to stop the hairloss from a glutening within 3 or 4 days rather than the couple of weeks it used to take. I recently found out that being low in Zinc can contribute to hairloss also so I am going to look for a supplement that has that today.