foodiegurl

How Long For B12 To Dissolve?

Rate this topic

I was just curious how long it generally takes the b12 sublingual to dissolve?

I bought the Jarrow brand, lozenges. I place itunder my tongue, but it takes a good 5-10 minutes for it to dissolve. That seems slow, is it normal? :huh:

The longer it takes, the better it is. I take Jarrow Methylcobalamin 5000mcg, and it takes 20-25 mins...they say 40 mins is best, but it never lasts that long. Some people just chew them up and swallow them. There are many different opinions out there. Some say to take them on an empty stomach, I always take mine about 30 minutes after breakfast, and I am improving, so I must be doing ok with it.

so, you just basically put it under your tongue until it dissolves completely, and take funny in the meantime? :D

so, you just basically put it under your tongue until it dissolves completely, and take funny in the meantime? :D

You can also put it between cheek and gums if putting it under your tongue seems uncomfortable. Do not however chew and swallow them. If you do you are defeating the whole purpose of the sublinguals as they need to dissolve into the mucous membranes.

Yup! :lol: