redsidekick

Pizzeria Uno--woodbridge Nj

Rate this topic

Just wanted to give a shout-out to the Pizzeria Uno on Route 1 in Woodbridge, NJ. My family ate there yesterday. I asked my waiter for the gluten free menu and when he came back with it he asked if I had a bad wheat allergy, I said yes, I have celiac disease.

He then went on to tell me that I can be assured that there would be no cross-contamination (first time in the 6 months I have been gluten-free that the waiter brought up the CC issue)and that the manager would pay personal attention to the cooking of my meal.

The manager came over on several occasions to make sure all was well with my food.

So GREAT JOB! Pizzeria Uno, Woodbridge, NJ

Great! Maybe I'll try the one near me in Hamilton and hope they're as well trained.

Sounds like you had an awesome time!

The other day we went to myrtle beach in south carolina. i packed food ahead of time (two pieces of fruit and some pound cake- sooo healthy lol) because i was sure there would be nothing but unsafe foods there. so imagine my surprise when i said to my husband and our friends "pick wherever you want and i'll eat when we go back to the car" and they picked out a pizza place. Uno's!!!! and when we got in there, they looked through their menus and my hubby's face suddenly lights up as he excitedly shows me their gluten free menu options on the regular menu. i got a pizza instead of eating only an apple. thumbs up to uno's. the waiter even brought me a list of ingredients upon request and assured me that my food would be safe for me!