Trymester

For Those Who Take Pioneer Nutrtitional Vitamins

Rate this topic

1.) Quick question: The vitamins located in the Gluten-Mall section of this website are mostly Pioneer brand. In their ingredients they include tocopheryl, but in the Unsafe Gluten Free food list: http://www.celiac.com/articles/182/1/Unsaf...ents/Page1.html

"Tocopheryls" is listed as one of the bad things. What's up with that?

2.) I am looking at these different supplements and trying to decide which is best. I thought that A and B were the same with the obvious difference that B is chewable, but the nutritional lables on Pioneer's website show that they are actually different ingredients.

a.) Vitamin/Mineral

b.) Chewable Vitamin/Mineral

c.) 1+ Vitamin/Mineral

Which one do you use? Which one seems best for a young, thin, wannabe exercise-lover 25 year old man?

Tocopheryl can come from more than one souce. Yes wheat is one of those sources but so is soy. It can also be chemically derived in which case you will see D-tocopheryl. That is the one I look for as I can't do soy either.

Tocopheryl can come from more than one souce. Yes wheat is one of those sources but so is soy. It can also be chemically derived in which case you will see D-tocopheryl. That is the one I look for as I can't do soy either.

Thank You for clearing that up.

I had an allergic to the iodine contrast in the CT-scan. Is it likely that the iodine provided by "Sea Vegetation" in the pioneer meds is likely to do harm to my body, at least internally? I mean, I was eating sushi in Japan with no problem, then again, I've also eaten bread and various wheat products my entire life with no problem, but I'm willing to give this gluten-intolerance thing a serious thinking through.

Iodine can be an issue for those of us that have DH. Do you have any rashes? If you do until you are fully healed you should avoid iodine in salt and other foods.

I don't have DH, but thanks to you now I at least know what it is.

I will do a little more research and then see what comes of the 1 month gluten-free diet which I will start sometime in September. I really don't believe I am gluten intolerant, but I figure that after a month on a "completely" gluten and casein free diet, and then after doing the stool sample test from Enterolabs in Nov., that I should have a pretty good idea of what's going on.