Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mdono

Gf In L.a.?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Some of those places are not also in LA (and make me wish I lived closer to SD) - though, of course, Outback, PF Changs, and El Pollo Loco are. (They've got a nice little list for Orange County that I'll find useful... that teahouse; I can't believe I haven't been there!!) I've heard that Rubio's can be accomodating. Depending on where in LA you are, this list may also help.

Guest Addicted2Gluten

You definitely have a lot of options in Los Angeles. Practically every place will accomodate the needs of a celiac. I've heard that In N' Out burgers are gluten free (without the bun) along with their french fries. Here are some of the places that I went to:

*King's Road Cafe: Very casual outdoor cafe with a lot of good gluten free salads.

*Les Deux Cafe: A very nice restaurant hidden in a dumpy parking lot. Very expensive but good food. It is organic french country cuisine. A lot of gluten free options and the waiters and waitresses were very aware of celiac disease.

*The Polo Lounge: Excellent place for a celiac. Located inside The Beverly Hills Hotel. They will make anything you want, just tell them your allergies. Let's just say that I went there while I was on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and I had an assortment of great meals everyday without going hungry.

*Nobu: A Japanese Peruvian restaurant with many options. Just make sure you don't get soy sauce on anything.

*The Ivy: very expensive, famous restaurant. The food is great and most things are made gluten free. They are very aware of celiac disease.

*Locanda Veneta: Italian restaurant with many fish and meat entrees to choose from. It is an organic restaurant and they are very accomdating.